The primary functions of the Village of Norridge Finance Department are:
- ACCOUNTING – The Finance Department is responsible for collecting and disbursing all Village funds. It is also responsible for overseeing the current operating budget set forth by the Village Board. Accounting functions are performed for all of the Village Departments which include: General, Police, Building, Street and Water Departments.
- PAYROLL – The Finance Department is responsible for processing semi-monthly payrolls for more than 200 Village employees.
- COLLECTIONS – The Finance Department is responsible for collecting on past due accounts.
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS – The Finance Department is responsible for the network and all the components to ensure the day to day systems of the Village are running, reliable, and redundant. It includes everything from hardware and software to the cameras, and phone systems. Also, we strive to ensure information is readily accessible, timely and accuratly provided to residents and Village departments.
- POLICE PENSION – The Finance Department administers the collection and payment of funds to the retirees.
- HR – The Finance Department is responsible for administering employee benefits and retirement plans.
- INSURANCE – The Finance Department is responsible for overseeing insurance and risk management.
There are two full time and one part time personnel staffing the Finance Department:
Douglass Strempek – Information Technology Coordinator
Joanna Skupien – Assistant Financial Director-HR/Insurance Benefits Coordinator
James Chmura – Financial Director
© 2013 Village of Norridge, Illinois. All Rights Reserved.
The Village of Norridge Design Mark is the sole property of the Village of Norridge, and is protected under US Trademark Law. Unauthorized use of the trademark is prohibited