Village Hall4000 N. Olcott Avenue
Norridge, Illinois 60706-1199
Fax (708) 453-9335
Monday - Friday:9am to 5pm
Saturday: 9am to 12 noon
Terms and Conditions
Notices of foreclosures and confirmation orders should be sent to the:
Village of Norridge
Attn: Village Clerk
4000 N. Olcott Avenue
Norridge, IL 60706
VILLAGE OF NORRIDGE ILLINOIS STATISTICS
Norridge is on a ridge, at Overhill Avenue, that divides the Chicago River valley and the Des Plaines River valley.
Altitude 645 - 649 Feet (Des Plaines River 640 Ft. Chicago River 595 FT.)
Area - 1.81 square miles
Incorporated - 12/04/48
First President, Karl Kuchar. 1949 resigned 1951.
Enhanced 911 emergency communications, 1/2/1993. The Police Dispatcher knows where the call is coming from and may have additional medical information on file concerning high risk individuals living at that address.
1940 - Unincorporated
Last annexation to Norridge, Northwest area, Leyden Township section West of Cumberland.
Village Hall, Original built 1954 with 3 rooms and a 2 truck attached garage at 4020 N. Olcott Ave.
Police Department, Shared facilities in the Original Village Hall. The structure was refurbished at 4020 N. Olcott to a modern Police facility 1990.
Joe Sieb Center, was originally a Feed & Grain supply building. This was used as a front for a gambling operation. Later the Norridge Post #1263 of the American Legion bought the building 1959. The Village of Norridge bought the structure from the American Legion 1966. It is now used by the American Legion, the Norridge Youth Activities and the Scouting Organizations.
Estelle Sieb Community Center at 7774 W. Irving park Rd. was established May 1994 and was dedicated to Estelle Sieb who was known in the early period of Norridge's growth as "The Day Time Mayor". The original buildings were used by a bank and cleaning service. The property was bought from the cleaning service.
Montrose Ave. Was widened in 1993 to improve traffic flow, eliminate ditches along the side of the road and improve drainage. Norridge took over the responsibility for the maintenance of the road from the County.
Montrose / Thatcher Retention Basin, this is a large basin to hold excess run off water during heavy rains until the drainage system can handle it. Then it is pumped to the storm sewer. This was installed by Norridge in 1981-1983. It has the capacity of 3,000,000 gallons of water.
Lawrence Avenue Storm Sewer, this is a six (6) foot diameter sewer that was installed in 1962.
Norridge Youth Activities, established by a proclamation of the Norridge Village Board June 23, 1954
The land stretching north to south from Foster Avenue to Addison Street and east to west from East River Road to River Road was known as the Chief Robinson Land Grant. This area (1280 acres) is adjacent to the tract of land deeded to Chief Alexander Robinson (Chee Chee Pinquay) who helped the survivors of the Fort Dearborn massacre during the War of 1812. His family grave site is located in the Robinson Forest Preserve at Lawrence and East River Road. In the early nineteen hundreds the area that is now Norridge had many small truck farms and in the late thirties had many riding stables because of the proximity to the Forest Preserves. All of these were displaced in the mid forties and early fifties when the land was developed for homes and some light industries.
NOTE: These statistics are not final and are subject to corrections. Your help in this effort is appreciated.
© 2016 Village of Norridge, Illinois. All Rights Reserved.
Web site design and development by Americaneagle.com, Inc.
The Village of Norridge Design Mark is the sole property of the Village of Norridge, and is protected under US Trademark Law. Unauthorized use of the trademark is prohibited