Transfer Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


The Village of Norridge has enacted an Ordinance that requires a Real Estate Transfer Stamp be issued on sales and exemptions of property in the Village. The purpose of this Ordinance is to ensure property is recorded properly and meets today’s specifications concerning the codes. The inspection part of the process takes place on both residential and commercial property. This involves an inspection by the Building Department and compliance of the violations be met. If the property is exempt under our ordinance, a Real Estate Transfer Stamp still needs to be issued and accompany the exemption at the recorder's office.


In order to schedule an inspection the following must be completed: Complete a Transfer Application, pay a $100.00 fee, submit a copy of the contract, and the MLS listing if sold by a realtor. This will need to be done in person; we will not accept faxed copies of any kind or schedule appointments over the phone. Once the above is submitted an appointment will be scheduled, we will not accept partial paperwork of any kind. It is advisable that you give yourself minimum 15 days prior to closing in order to schedule the inspection.

On the date scheduled, the inspectors will arrive at the property and conduct the inspection. Upon completion, a list will be completed and given to the agent representing the property along with an explanation.

At this part of the process either the owner is responsible for making the corrections or an agreement may be signed allowing the new owner to accept responsibility for any violations related to zoning or water. If this agreement is signed, the new owner has 30 days from closing to correct the violations and contact the Building Department for an inspection.

If the property is going to be demolished all of the above needs to take place. In this case, a 90-day agreement may be signed. This agreement states the new owner of the property will provide the Village with a Cook County Demolition permit within 90 days of the closing, the water will be shut off, the property will be maintained, and un-occupied.

Quit Claim Deeds

If the property is being placed in a trust or is being deeded a Transfer Stamp will need to be issued in order to record the Transfer. If this is taking place an application will need to be submitted and a copy of the exempt paperwork signed and notarized. This can be brought into the Village or mailed to our office with a self-addressed stamped return envelope. We do not accept faxed copies.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer