The primary functions of the Village of Norridge Finance Department are:
- Accounting – The Finance Department is responsible for collecting and disbursing all Village funds. It is also responsible for overseeing the current operating budget set forth by the Village Board. Accounting functions are performed for all of the Village Departments which include: General, Police, Building, Street and Water Departments.
- Payroll – The Finance Department is responsible for processing semi-monthly payrolls for approximately 150 employees.
- Collections – The Finance Department is responsible for collecting on past due accounts and working with collection agencies, when necessary.
- Information Systems – The Finance Department is responsible for the network and all the components to ensure the day to day systems of the Village are running, reliable, and redundant. It includes everything from hardware and software to the cameras, and phone systems. Also, we strive to ensure information is readily accessible, timely and accurately provided to residents and Village departments through various lines of communication.
- Police Pension – The Finance Department administers the collection and payment of funds to the retirees.
HR – The Finance Department is responsible for administering employee benefits and retirement plans.
Insurance – The Finance Department is responsible for overseeing insurance and risk management.
There are three full time personnel staffing the Finance Department:
Joanna Skupien, Village Administrator
Rosa LoRusso, AP/PR/AR Clerk
Douglass Strempek, Information Technology Coordinator