Public Works Staff
The Norridge Public Works Department consists of 10 full time employees and 1 part time bus driver. All employees are cross-trained in the different fields of work required for the job. There are also several specialty trained personnel within the group including 4 IEPA Certified Water Operators, 1 Mechanic, 2 Carpenters, 2 IDPH Licensed Plumbers, 1 IDPH Certified Plumbing Inspector, 2 IEPA Cross Connection Control Device Inspectors and 1 Collection System Operator. The team is on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Every season brings its own challenges and department responsibilities. From handling snow and ice in the winter, to painting street markings in the summer, the Public Works Department continues to provide the unparalleled services expected from the Norridge residents.
The Village of Norridge’s Public Works Department is responsible for public services including but not limited to:
- Operation and maintenance of the Village’s water distribution infrastructure.
- EPA and IEPA mandated water testing and reporting.
- Sanitary sewer and storm water collection/ conveyance systems.
- Public streets and sidewalks.
- Street signs and painting of street markings.
- Street sweeping.
- Snow and ice control.
- Operation of Norridge Pace bus service.
- Maintenance of Village fleet and equipment.
- Maintenance of Village properties and facilities.
- Emergency response services.
The Village of Norridge are members of the Illinois Section of American Water Works, American Public Works Association, Mid Central Water Works Association and the American Back Flow Protection Association.
As Members of these associations, the Village of Norridge promotes continuing education for their staff, guaranteeing we have the best educated employees.