The Village of Norridge Water Department will be conducting a transfer inspection on the property at the scheduled date and time. This sheet will help prepare you for the inspection and give a brief overview of what the inspector will be looking at during the inspection.
Click Here for an illustrated version.
The water meter and transmission unit/mtu must be accessible at the inspection. Before the inspector arrives at the property, please make sure the representative knows the location of these components and that they are accessible. The inspector will be checking to ensure all components are functioning properly and the meter is properly sealed and tagged. If a deficiency is found, additional time will be needed to either repair or replace these components. If the seal is removed or missing there could be $1000.00 fine per Village Ordinance (Section 98-113) and the transfer inspection will fail. The cost for damaged equipment and reinstallation must be paid before the Property Transfer Certificate is issued.
This section pertains to backflow protection at the property. Backflow prevention aids in the protection of keeping non-potable water from entering the plumbing system and Water Distribution System of the Village. These requirements are from the Illinois Plumbing code.
1. If you have a boiler which is used to heat your home (not the water heater) a dual check valve with a vent is required. This is the most common protection. If your boiler has chemicals in the system a RPZ valve is required. This device will need to be installed and tested at installation and yearly there after.
2. The outside and inside hose connections must have vacuum breakers installed. Hose connection vacuum breakers are available at Village Hall.
3. If you have a lawn irrigation system it requires a RPZ and a valid test report.
4. If the RPZ is not installed, two options exist:
Option 1. The device can be installed, tested, and inspected.
Option 2. The system can be disconnected. An inspector will conduct an inspection and a disconnect form will be signed.
If any of the deficiencies exist at the property, the inspection will fail. Please allow the proper amount of time between the property closing date and the Village transfer inspection date so any needed corrections can be made.
Final Water Bill Information
- The final water bill must paid in cash or check prior to the issuance of the Transfer Certificate.
- Final water bills are not issued more than 3 business days prior to the closing date.
- Final water bills are calculated at the time of final payment.