Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Administration Department

    • What are the Village Hall hours?

      The Village Hall is open Monday-Friday 9-5, and Saturday 9-12 Noon.

    • Can I place large items out for pick-up?

      The Village allows each resident to dispose of one large item a week.  Twice a year, the Village sponsors “Clean-Up Week” and you can put as many items out for pick-up as you wish.  Just remember, for safety reasons, take the doors off of any refrigerators.  NO CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS, OLD TIRES, ELECTRONICS, PAINT, AND LANDSCAPING will be picked up.

    • Do I need a permit for a garage sale?

      Village residents are allowed to have two garage sales per calendar year, for a maximum of three days each. You must apply for a permit at the Village Hall 72 hours prior to the sale.  The permit fee is $10 per each garage sale.

      There are NO refunds.  You can reschedule, due to inclement weather, if you have not opened the sale

    • Do I need to purchase a vehicle sticker for my car(s)?

      Vehicle Stickers run from July 1st through June 30th.  Stickers go on sale May 1st and must be displaced by July 1st each year.  The current fees for cars, vans, SUVs & B-Plate trucks is $10.  After July 1st, the fee is $30.

      New residents have thirty (30) days from the date of closing to purchase a sticker at the “On-Time” price.  Your vehicle registration and driver’s license need to show your Norridge address.  Please notify the Secretary of State of your name or address change.

    • Does the Village have an emergency plan in effect?

      Not at this time

    • Does the Village of Norridge have a Recycling Program?

      Yes, you will receive a recycling bin when you register as a new resident. Additional bins are available for a fee.  Please recycle all plastic containers used for food, beverages or detergents, aluminum, tin, steel, or glass containers. 

    • Does the Village offer Notary services?

      Notary services are free to any Norridge resident.  A photo ID and the UNSIGNED document is required.  Every person whose signature is to be notarized must appear in person.

    • How can I dispose of my yard waste?

      Yard waste pick-up runs from April 1st until November 30th.  Please dispose of any yard waste in brown leaf bags, or a marked garbage can.  “Yard Waste Only” stickers are available at the Village Hall.

    • How do I access the Village Pace Bus?

      The Pace Bus runs Monday - Friday from 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (The bus does not run from noon to 1:00 p.m.)  The bus is available, free of charge, to Norridge residents only.  You will need to show I.D. (e.g. water bill, State I.D., etc).  A schedule is available at the Village Hall or under the Resident section of our website.

    • How do I report that my street light is out?

      Call the Village Hall and provide an exact street address of the outage.  The Village will report the outage to H & H Electric.  Street lights on wooden poles are the property of Com Ed, and the outage will be reported to them.  Please remember, not all outages are the results of burned out bulbs, and it might take a few days to fix.  Thank you for your patience.

    • How many cats and dogs are allowed in each household?

      A maximum of three dog and/or cats total are allowed.  All dogs/cats must be licensed.  Animal license tags are renewable every May 1st.  A current proof of rabies vaccination is required.

    • I just moved to Norridge. What should I do?

      Welcome to Norridge. You will need to bring in your closing papers or lease to the Village Hall, 4000 N. Olcott, to register as a new homeowner, purchase your vehicle stickers, put the water bill in your name and pick up your Welcome Packet.

    • I need a U.S. Passport?

      Any U.S. citizen may apply for a passport at the Village Hall.  Please refer to the “Administrative” drop down on the Home Page for more info.

    • What are the Village’s garbage holidays?

      The Village of Norridge has six (6) “GARBAGE HOLIDAYS”:

      • New Year’s Day
      • Memorial Day
      • Fourth of July
      • Labor Day
      • Thanksgiving Day
      • Christmas Day

      Your garbage will be picked-up ONE day later on these days.

    • What day is my garbage picked-up?

      Please refer the “Map Office” drop down to check your day of pick-up.

    • What is Resident Parking Only?

      There are several streets in the Village that are designated “Resident Parking Only”. If you live on one of these streets, you can obtain 2 free Guest Parking Passes annually at the Village Hall when you purchase your vehicle sticker.  Additional passes can be purchased for $10.00 each.  One day passes are available for a special event at no charge.  Any Village resident with a current Norridge vehicle sticker can park in these areas.

    • What is that siren that is going off?

      The Village tests the emergency siren on the first Tuesday of the month at 10 AM. (same as the State test).  If you hear this siren at any other time, it means there is an emergency and you should tune into a local new station for more information.

    • Where can I drop off old eyeglasses?

      Drop boxes for the Lion’s Club are in the Village Hall lobby.   

    • Where can I register to vote?

      You can register at the Village Hall, up to 30 days before, and two days after each election.  Two (2) pieces of identification (one with your current address) is required.

    • Where is the Village Hall located?

      The Village Hall is located at 4000 N. Olcott Avenue.  (4000 N. & 7500 W.).  The Police Department is located at 4020 N. Olcott Avenue.

  • Building and Health Department

    • Can I keep a registered pigeon as a pet?

      No person shall own, keep or allow to be at large any bees, goats, sheep, hogs, cattle or fowl within the Village.  Fowl shall include chickens, turkeys, ducks, and pigeons.

    • Can junk cars be parked in the driveway?

      No inoperable or unlicensed motor vehicle shall be parked, kept, or stored on any premises, and no vehicle shall, at any time, be in a state of disassembly, disrepair, or dismantled.

    • How big does the address on my residence need to be? Where should it be placed?

      The address number shall be a minimum of 4 inches high with a minimum width of 1/2 inch and should be placed in a position to be plainly legible and visible from the street fronting the property.

    • How early can I place my garbage cans outside my residence for pickup?

      Garbage cans and refuse containers can be placed out no earlier then 6:00 pm, the day before collection.  The cans should be put away by 7:00 pm the day of collection.

    • Is it better tax wise to knock down my residence or add a second floor?

      Please contact the township assessor at the following number for the most accurate answer.  Norwood Park Township 708-453-0861/West of Cumberland Leyden Township 847-455-8616.

    • My neighbor has a dog and they don't cleanup after him. What is the rule on picking up after a dog?

      No person shall allow a cat, dog, or other animal feces to accumulate in any yard, pen, or premises in or upon which such animal shall be confined or kept so that it becomes offensive to those residing in the vicinity.

    • When are permits required?

      Permits are required for all types of work except painting, carpeting, and landscaping.

  • Public Works Department

    • Can I rake my leaves into the street?

      No, raking your leaves into the street can cause problems with our sewer system and street sweeping equipment.  Please put leaves in a brown leaf bag for the yard waste collection service.  Placing leaves in the street can cause problems with our sewer system and the street sweeping equipment.  It is better to put leaves in a brown bag for yard waste collection service.

    • Can I shovel the snow into the street?

      No.  Village Ordinance states no one is allowed to shovel snow into the street.  This practice could cause icy conditions and just makes the snow removal process even longer.

    • Does the Village have a sidewalk reimbursement program and will the Village split the cost?

      Please refer to the sidewalk reimbursement section of our web site.

    • My parkway tree needs to be trimmed. Can I trim it myself?

      All parkway trees are the property of the Village of Norridge.  Parkway trees are on a three (3) year trimming cycle.  Please refer to the “Map Office” to see when your area is scheduled for trimming.  If you feel that the tree poses a danger, please contact the Village Arborist at 708-453-0800.

    • What is Street Maintenance?

      In order to completely clean both sides of the street from debris and snow, the Village of Norridge performs weekly street maintenance. Village Ordinance states that between the hours of 8 AM & 1 PM , on your given Street Maintenance Day, you must move your car off the street or face receiving a parking ticket. (Please refer to the “Map Office” drop down for your street maintenance day).

      The Street Maintenance holidays are:

      • New Years Day
      • Good Friday
      • Memorial Day
      • Fourth of July
      • Labor Day
      • Thanksgiving Day
      • Day after Thanksgiving
      • Christmas Eve
      • Christmas Day
    • Why does the snow plows drop snow in my driveway?

      As the plows travel down the street removing snow, the plows are positioned inwards so that the snow is pushed up along the curb.  This will push the snow back into your driveway, and unfortunately, this is an unavoidable situation.  We recommend that you wait until your street has been cleared of all snow before shoveling your driveway.

  • Water Department

    • My bill was very high. Could I have a leak?

      It is possible you have a leak, please contact the Water Department and they can assist in helping you detect the source.

    • What are the current water rates?

      Please check the “Water Department” drop down on the Home Page for the latest rates.

    • What are the watering restrictions?

      No water shall be used for sprinkling gardens or lawns between the hours of 12 Noon and 6 PM from May 15th through September 15th.

    • What if I don’t receive my bill?

      Call the Water Department at 453-0319 to receive a duplicate bill.

    • When will I receive my water bill?

      Residential accounts are billed on a bi-monthly bases.  Bills are mailed the first week of February, April, June, August, October & December.  Commercial accounts are mailed the first week of every month.